NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
World Vision Zambia a nongovernmental, non-profit making, Christian Relief, Development and Child focused Organization seeks to recruit ahighly qualified, motivated and result oriented professional to fill the following position:
To provides financial services to the Program on the effective and efficient utilization of financial and material resources in compliance to WVZ standards.
* Provide financial management support to the Area Development Programme
- Ensure high standards of financial reporting to donors, partners and World Vision Management
♦ Ensure compliance with organizational financial policies, procedures and regulations
- Advise the Programme Manager and other programme staff on all financial matters
♦ Prepare bank reconciliation Statements on a monthly basis to show the financial stand at the end of each month
* Monitor utilization of resources in order to foster efficient and effective utilization of ADP financial and material resources
* Produce timely quality Financial reports
- Maintain an accurate and clean Cash Book.
* Ensure that programme staff makes informed financial decisions based on current financial status.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* A Bachelors Degree in Accounting and/or ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent professional qualifications
- Member of ZICA
♦ Minimum three years working experience preferably with an International NGO.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles* a practical knowledge of financial
systems and internal financial controls
- Experience with computerized accounting systems preferably SUN Systems
- Must possess good communication skills (oral and written)
- High levels of analytical skills with sober character.
♦ Mature & committed Christian.
Candidates who meet’ the above requirements should send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae to the email below not later than Wednesday 22nd May, 2013
Note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.